LK and I have just returned from two whole weeks of camping. We haven't had that long of a holiday in years! We went to Mt. Vernon Thousand Trails in Washington - again because it is our favorite. We read, swam, canoed, picnicked at ocean beaches, slept, and went for walks.
Pictured below, canoeing on Cranberry Lake at Deception Pass, our campsite B29, LK cooking. He brought our espresso maker along and we even had fresh Americanos every morning! Water flower (not a lily), Thai picnic supper at Anacortes beach (Washington State Park), and my perfect s'more.
Pictured below, canoeing on Cranberry Lake at Deception Pass, our campsite B29, LK cooking. He brought our espresso maker along and we even had fresh Americanos every morning! Water flower (not a lily), Thai picnic supper at Anacortes beach (Washington State Park), and my perfect s'more.

This season brings back so many memories of last year at this time. The week before we left I was overcome with a paralyzing deep sadness remembering my mother's suffering last year. We had gone camping, even though it was hard to go. We'd kept in touch with my dad. My mom was being increasingly tormented with unkind voices. This was the last season of her life. We had camped at Mt. Vernon, gone to family camp, then to Whistler for LK's family reunion and as we were preparing to leave we got the call that Mom had died. During our holidays, though, we made several side trips to visit mom at her home. For this I am thankful.
This year, we camped a bit earlier. I plan to go to family camp again. LK wanted to head to Whistler too but I said not this July or August and he understood. Packing up and heading to the same places was hard and I wondered if I'd be able to experience joy on this holiday. I did. Most of the sadness was in the preparing to go.
This year, we camped a bit earlier. I plan to go to family camp again. LK wanted to head to Whistler too but I said not this July or August and he understood. Packing up and heading to the same places was hard and I wondered if I'd be able to experience joy on this holiday. I did. Most of the sadness was in the preparing to go.

1 comment:
I am thrilled you had such a blessed vacation. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Post a Comment